Ana and Octavio begin a secret affair, and when Ana's father discovers she is pregnant he doesn't know Octavio is the father , he beats her and threatens to kill her. She is taken in by a local Japanese woman and then, after Octavio arranges for them to marry but leaves her at the altar, she goes to live with a friendly, Bible-reading couple on a chicken ranch where she gives birth to a son named Ismael.
- The Memories of Ana Calderón!
- Skullport (AD&D Forgotten Realms: Undermountain Campaign);
Meanwhile, Octavio marries Ana's crafty sister Alejandra. When Octavio has regrets and tries to steal Ismael, Ana shoots him and is sent to prison.
While she is there, Ismael is given up for adoption. Upon her release, Ana finds a job, goes to college, and eventually becomes wealthy--but, bereft of her son, she is still miserable. A preposterous ending ruins this simple tale. There was a problem adding your email address.
- Bird Dream: Adventures at the Extremes of Human Flight?
- Graciela Limón?
- 3 editions of this work.
- The Memories of Ana Calderon by Graciela Limon - FictionDB?
Please try again. Be the first to discover new talent! Each week, our editors select the one author and one book they believe to be most worthy of your attention and highlight them in our Pro Connect email alert.
- What is the Solar Wind??
- Graciela Limon: An Inspiration to Younger Authors in Hispanic Literature;
- The Slither Sisters (Tales from Lovecraft Middle School, Book 2).
- I'd like to be notified of new arrivals in the following categories..
- The Memories of Ana Calderón?
- Biomedical Aspects of Drug Targeting!
Log In. Toggle navigation MENU.
Email Address. American Women Fiction Writers, - Vol. Read preview Overview.
Social Studies Review, Vol. Merle Rubin regularly reviews literature and contemporary fiction. The Christian Science Monitor, September 1, Cutting for Stone, by Abraham Verghese, Vintage2. Martin's Griffin Washington, by Ron Chernow, Penguin Press8.
The Memories of Ana Calderon by Graciela Limon - FictionDB
Aftershock, by Robert B. Reich, Knopf Guinness World Records , by Guinness Worth Dying for, by Lee Child, Delacorte5. Fall of Giants, by Ken Follett, Dutton7.